Subscribe to Flushwater by Email
Subscribe to the Flushwater Feed
Water TagsArizona water rights birds California water rights Colorado River allotment Colorado River apportionment Colorado River Basin Colorado River Compact global climate change global warming government control Great blue heron video groundwater Hoover Dam Las Vegas Las Vegas water rights nature Nevada water rights Oregon ownership rivers Siletz River Southwestern US water SWNA texas water and civilization water conservation water crisis water delivery water in Afghanistan water in China water in Iran water in Pakistan water in the Middle East water issues water more precious than oil water policies water rights water shortages water supplies water use water wars water waste Western water law western water reclamation Youtube
- Researchers find climate change and turf seaweed causing 'patchy' seascape
- Going with the floe: Sea ice movements trace dynamics transforming the new Arctic
- Researchers explore how citizens can become agents of environmental change
- Megadrought likely triggered the fall of the Assyrian Empire
- Ocean studies look at microscopic diversity and activity across entire planet
- Genes borrowed from bacteria allowed plants to move to land
- Global climate change concerns for Africa's Lake Victoria
- HotSpots H2O: South Africa Imposes Emergency Water Restrictions to Prevent Another “Day Zero”Less than two years after Cape Town’s “Day Zero” water crisis, warm, dry weather has prompted South African water suppliers once again to impose emergency conservation measures. Below-average precipitation, along with above-average temperatures, have afflicted the country for months. A jump in water use has also strained resources. Nationwide, dam levels have dropped by 10 […]
- Rising Seas Threaten Tens of Millions More People with Inundation, Study Says. Even That May Underestimate the ImpactThe Climate Central study did not account for relative sea-level rise. It assumed that land elevations remained constant. In the dynamic world, that is not the case. The post Rising Seas Threaten Tens of Millions More People with Inundation, Study Says. Even That May Underestimate the Impact appeared first on Circle of Blue.
- The Stream, November 1, 2019: Keystone Pipeline Spills 383,000 Gallons of Crude Oil in North Dakota, Affecting WetlandsThe Global Rundown The Keystone pipeline spills 383,000 gallons of crude oil in North Dakota. Severe flooding forces 200,000 people in Central Somalia from their homes. Rural Kentucky counties improve the quality of their water, but many residents are now unable to pay their water bills. Parts of Southeast Asia’s Mekong River continue to plummet. […]
- The Stream, October 31, 2019: Several Michigan Communities Detect Lead Levels in Water Above New State StandardsThe Global Rundown Lead levels exceeding new state standards have been found in the water of five communities in Oakland County, Michigan. Wildfires continue to spread in California, with power now shut off for about 1 million residents. Farmers in South Africa say they are experiencing the driest season in years. Lawmakers in Australia spar […]
- Vast Differences in Legionnaires’ Disease Response by IndustryOutside of healthcare, there are few rules for preventing spread of Legionnaires’ disease in buildings. The post Vast Differences in Legionnaires’ Disease Response by Industry appeared first on Circle of Blue.
- The Stream, October 30, 2019: 300M People at Risk of Yearly Coastal Flooding by 2050, New Data ShowsThe Global Rundown New research claims 300 million people worldwide are at risk from rising sea levels, a higher number than previously suggested. A landslide in Cameroon following heavy rainfall leaves at least 37 people dead. A petrochemical plant in Iran is delayed by water shortages. Experts say the world is “woefully unprepared” to address […]
- A Conversation with Sadhguru: Water’s ValueA conversation with Sadhguru following his panel at the World Economic Forum's India Economic Summit. The post A Conversation with Sadhguru: Water’s Value appeared first on Circle of Blue.
- HotSpots H2O: South Africa Imposes Emergency Water Restrictions to Prevent Another “Day Zero”
Tag Archives: water waste
The noted Hungarian chemist (and Nobel Prize winner) Albert von Szent-Gyorgyi once said, “Water is life’s mater and matrix, mother and medium. There is no life without water.” If you don’t believe it, try going for a few days without … Continue reading