Subscribe to Flushwater by Email
Subscribe to the Flushwater Feed
Water TagsArizona water rights birds California water rights Colorado River allotment Colorado River apportionment Colorado River Basin Colorado River Compact global climate change global warming government control Great blue heron video groundwater Hoover Dam Las Vegas Las Vegas water rights nature Nevada water rights Oregon ownership rivers Siletz River Southwestern US water SWNA texas water and civilization water conservation water crisis water delivery water in Afghanistan water in China water in Iran water in Pakistan water in the Middle East water issues water more precious than oil water policies water rights water shortages water supplies water use water wars water waste Western water law western water reclamation Youtube
- Eco-friendly composite catalyst and ultrasound removes pollutants from water
- Geoscientists discover mechanisms controlling Greenland ice sheet collapse
- Smart irrigation model predicts rainfall to conserve water
- Jumbo squid mystery solved
- Sea level rise: West Antarctic ice collapse may be prevented by snowing ocean water onto it
- Stronger earthquakes can be induced by wastewater injected deep underground
- Australian ants prepared for 'Insect Armageddon'
- The Stream, July 19, 2019: Trump Administration Plan to Pump More Water to California Farmers Endangers Salmon, Biologists SayThe Global Rundown U.S. biologists say a plan by the Trump Administration to pump more water to California’s Central Valley farmers could harm salmon. British environmental groups call on Southern Water company to pay for damages caused by pollution spills. A river breach in Bangladesh worsens monsoon flooding in the northern part of the country. […]
- The Stream, July 18, 2019: U.S. Gulf Coast Deluged with Freshwater and Pollutants from the Flooded Mississippi RiverThe Global Rundown The unprecedented flow of water from the Mississippi River into the Gulf of Mexico carries fertilizers and pesticides along with it. Residents of Lebanon swim in coastal waters near sewage runoffs to beat summertime heat. Restrictions on water use in 61 French administrative regions are expected to continue. The death toll from […]
- The Stream, July 17, 2019: Lake Erie Algae Bloom Could Endanger Drinking Water in Michigan, OhioThe Global Rundown A large algae bloom in Lake Erie threatens drinking water in Michigan and Ohio. Parts of Chile could be without water by 2030 due to prolonged drought. Drought spreads through much of Europe on the heels of a record-breaking June heatwave. High water levels in Michigan hint at the future problems of […]
- In drought-hit Delhi, the haves get limitless water, the poor fight for every dropDelhi was the second driest it has been in 26 years in June, and recorded its highest ever temperature for the month at 48 degrees Celsius on June 10. The post In drought-hit Delhi, the haves get limitless water, the poor fight for every drop appeared first on Circle of Blue.
- The Stream, July 16, 2019: Millions Evacuate as Monsoon Flooding Swamps India, Nepal, and BangladeshThe Global Rundown Torrential monsoon rains displace more than four million people across India, Nepal, and Bangladesh. Tropical Depression Barry skirts New Orleans but still brings flooding to the U.S. Gulf Coast. Warmer weather in the U.S. intensifies summertime drought, a study finds. Drought and water pollution cause taps to run dry in Zimbabwe’s capital. […]
- What’s Up With Water – July 15, 2019What's Up With Water is your weekly rundown of need-to-know water news from Circle of Blue. The post What’s Up With Water – July 15, 2019 appeared first on Circle of Blue.
- HotSpots H2O: Rohingya Refugee Camp Overwhelmed by 23-Inch MonsoonFor the past two weeks, deadly monsoon rains have deluged the Rohingya refugee camps in Bangladesh, wiping away vulnerable shanties and forcing thousands to relocate. The post HotSpots H2O: Rohingya Refugee Camp Overwhelmed by 23-Inch Monsoon appeared first on Circle of Blue.
- The Stream, July 19, 2019: Trump Administration Plan to Pump More Water to California Farmers Endangers Salmon, Biologists Say
Tag Archives: water more precious than oil
The noted Hungarian chemist (and Nobel Prize winner) Albert von Szent-Gyorgyi once said, “Water is life’s mater and matrix, mother and medium. There is no life without water.” If you don’t believe it, try going for a few days without … Continue reading