Subscribe to Flushwater by Email
Subscribe to the Flushwater Feed
Water TagsArizona water rights birds California water rights Colorado River allotment Colorado River apportionment Colorado River Basin Colorado River Compact global climate change global warming government control Great blue heron video groundwater Hoover Dam Las Vegas Las Vegas water rights nature Nevada water rights Oregon ownership rivers Siletz River Southwestern US water SWNA texas water and civilization water conservation water crisis water delivery water in Afghanistan water in China water in Iran water in Pakistan water in the Middle East water issues water more precious than oil water policies water rights water shortages water supplies water use water wars water waste Western water law western water reclamation Youtube
- Irrigating vegetables with wastewater in African cities may spread disease
- Innovative tool allows continental-scale water, energy, and land system modeling
- Does climate vary more from century to century when it is warmer?
- New technique for turning sunshine and water into hydrogen fuel
- New study helps explain recent scarcity of Bay nettles
- GeoSEA array records sliding of Mount Etna's southeastern flank
- Feeding 10 billion people by 2050 within planetary limits may be achievable
- Federal Water Tap, October 15: Senate Passes Water Infrastructure BillThe Rundown Big water infrastructure package authorizes billions of dollars for water systems. The CDC asks to extend a national database for harmful algal bloom illnesses. A standards-setting agency seeks information about potential plumbing code revisions that reflect changes in how water is used in buildings. And lastly, the number of Legionnaires’ disease cases so […]
- HotSpots H2O, October 15: Special Report on Yemen’s Water CrisisThe Rundown Since March 2015, a deadly civil war between Houthi rebels and a Saudi-led military coalition has ravaged Yemen. Throughout the conflict, water and electrical infrastructure have been targeted repeatedly, leaving millions of Yemenis without clean water. In October 2016, cholera was detected in the capital city of Sana’a. The outbreak slowed after six […]
- The Stream, October 12: U.S. Congress Approves $6 Billion Water Projects BillThe Global Rundown The United States Congress approves a wide-ranging water projects bill, which includes funding for wetlands restoration, infrastructure improvements, and flood prevention measures. Cyclone Titli makes landfall in Odisha, India, leaving at least eight people dead. Health officials fear that Hurricane Michael floodwaters could carry a variety of bacteria and viruses. A trial […]
- Groundwater Scarcity, Pollution Set India on Perilous CourseDrained and contaminated aquifers contribute to India’s “worst water crisis.” The post Groundwater Scarcity, Pollution Set India on Perilous Course appeared first on Circle of Blue.
- The Stream, October 11: Record-Setting Hurricane Michael Plows into Florida PanhandleThe Global Rundown Hurricane Michael makes landfall in Florida as a Category 4 storm. Meteorologists predict an El Niño is likely in southern Australia, which would likely worsen the country’s prolonged drought. Turkey says it will release more water from the Ilisu dam to ease water shortages in Iraq. Officials say 20,000 villages in Maharashtra, […]
- Deadly Legionnaires’ Disease Outbreaks Persist in the U.S.The most acute U.S. water contamination health risk defies control. The post Deadly Legionnaires’ Disease Outbreaks Persist in the U.S. appeared first on Circle of Blue.
- The Stream, October 10: The 1972 Clean Water Act Dramatically Improved U.S. Water Quality, Study FindsThe Global Rundown Data shows that the 1972 Clean Water Act greatly decreased pollution in U.S. waterways. Senegal considers desalination to help combat growing water shortages. Waterborne diseases begin to spread in quake-hit Indonesia. A new study quantifies the link between fertilizer and watershed contamination. Cases of dengue, a mosquito-borne disease that intensifies during the […]
- Federal Water Tap, October 15: Senate Passes Water Infrastructure Bill
Category Archives: Water Systems
Below are more property listings, land, real estate, auctions and locations you may like. Minnesota United States Bordering Public Land Fishing Properties Island Properties Log Homes & Cabins Prepper Homes Properties Secluded Vacation Homes & Properties Buyer Services More information … Continue reading
SECLUDED MOUNTAIN VIEW HOME 5 ACRES DUCHESNE UTAH Listing ID: 30414 DUCHESNE COUNTY UTAH RURAL MANUFACTURED HOME ON 5 ACRES LAND FOR SALE Manufactured/Modular home 4 bedrooms and 2 baths, 1750 Sq Ft built in 1997 and sits on 5 … Continue reading
The Flushwater Term of the Day: Qanat Throughout history, mankind (ladies included, of course!) has developed ingenious systems and techniques, even in the absence of technology, to ensure readily available supplies of water. One such system, known as a qanat, … Continue reading